Contore Tours approved list of essentials:
- Hats and sunglasses – protect your eyes and face as much as possible.
- Swimwear – even if you don’t go to a beach, your hotel might have a swimming pool.
- Earplugs, a sleep-mask and a travel pillow – sleep is just as important on holiday. Look fresh and feel well-rested to make the best of your trip.
- Shoes… that can get wet – the weather can be unpredictable, and nobody likes wet toes.
- Umbrella – make sure it is a travel-size umbrella that can fit into your backpack with ease.
- Thin rain jacket or plastic travel poncho that you keep in your backpack – sometimes the rain slants, and an umbrella won’t be enough. Trust us, we know.
- Power-banks and chargers for all your devices.
- Water bottle or travel mug – see our Travel Hacks to Make Your Trip a Breeze.
- Tissues – whether you need it for your nose, eyes or hands, it’s always a must.
- Toiletry bag – its really expensive to replace all these items in a foreign country. If your liquids are in your hand-luggage, remember to make sure they are in 100ml bottles and that everything is packed in a clear ziplock bag or a clear toiletry bag. Keep anything in bigger bottles in your checked luggage.
- Super Glue and a few safety pins – don’t leave yourself hanging in an awkward situation, you never know what might tear or break.
- Small lock – don’t let your holiday be spoiled by pickpockets, whether this lock is for your main luggage or your backpack.
- A folder to keep important documents together in your hand luggage:
-your passport and/or a copy thereof,
-health and travel insurance documents,
–emergency numbers and important addresses,
–scripts for prescription medication, and